“Festa del Xató” and “Festa dels Mercats”
The “Festa del Xató” and the “Festa dels Mercats” will be held on 27th November in Vilanova i la Geltrú.
This great event will offer the opportunity to know the five essential products for the elaboration of a delicious and characteristic dish, the “Xató”.
On the other hand, you can also enjoy an authentic tasting of varied Mediterranean tapas that the traders will offer during the day.
Since its first celebration, has always had a very good acceptance both by the local public and the neighboring public and with this it is wanted to foment the gastronomy vilanovina inside the “Mercat del Centre” where also will be celebrated the “Festa dels Mercats“.
The “Festa dels Mercats” will be an open day to link the different audiences with the traditional market of “Vilanova i la Geltrú” as from different recreational activities to promote the spirit that these markets have always had and to keep growing.
All this festival will begin at 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. within the “Mercat del Centre“, guaranteeing a most festive and musical atmosphere.
- From 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. the “Fiesta del Xató” and the “Festa dels Mercats”.
- From 11 a.m. until the end of the sale of tickets to buy a bowl of “Xató” with tortillas: spirits, potatoes and onions, beans and blood sausage and bread, all for only 8 euros.
- At 11.30 a.m. the “XXI Concurs Nacional de Xató” with important prizes-giving of: 200€ for the first classified, 150€ for the second, 100€ for the third and a diploma for all participants.
- At 12.30 p.m. the traditional “aixetonament” of the barrel and the appointment of the “Xatonaires” of honor.
- At 13:00 p.m. delivery of the prizes of the “XXI Concurs Nacional de Xató”.
From Vilanova Grand Marina – Barcelona, we encourage you to enjoy to this great festival, you will love it!
For futher information, you can go to the website Festival del Xató or our Hospitality Desk.
Thank you very much!